When you are starting up with blogging the first consideration you need to make is finding the best blogging platform. You would not want to choose one which is heavy on the budget but returns from which are minimal.
There would be free options too but are they worth is the question that needs to be asked. Before proceeding further with finding the best ones first try and understand what blogging is all about. Here we will tell you some of the best blogging platforms to make money.
Clearly the best and first choice of most bloggers is no doubt that WordPress remains the most widely used platform till now. There are two versions of this platform i.e. WordPress.com (free) and WordPress.org (paid). The former has its own limitations so we shall focus on the latter which is the paid version.
The biggest advantage of WordPress is the fact you get access to thousands of plugins which you can use to customize your blog in various ways. So much so that when you are looking for any help for setting up even the smallest of a feature on your blog the results you get are mostly from Word Press.
- Control over the blog design
- Multiple themes and plugins to use
- Excellent customer support
- Easy to use and integrate
- Search engine friendly which is a very big advantage
- Security and other considerations have to be taken care of by you
- Requires more effort in learning how to use
Another amongst the best blogging platform available they have built a strong recognition through their advertising. Having a drag and drop interface it is very easy to use the platform. Even if you are a novice and have no knowledge whatsoever of designing you can use the platform to create your own blog.
- Easy to adopt software good for newbies and novices
- Particularly suitable for small businesses
- Professionally designed beautiful templates
- Less number of plugins and themes available
Wix also works on the drag and drop software principle. It is quite user-friendly and the amount of learning you need is also comparatively less. They have a free version too just like WordPress however the features you get out of the same are very less. Apart from that, the free version does not offer you any sort of personalization benefits. If you want to make money, it would be better if you take their paid version.
- Easy to use software
- Does not require much effort to learning
- Starting and designing of any blog is a breeze here
- Dozens of templates and apps that can be used
- More expensive
- Less flexibility in the plans offered
Having a large templates section Constant contact is a website builder with a difference. Within minutes the same helps to create an online store, a website, and a blog. With a drag and drop interface, the entire process of doing so becomes simplified. Alongside you can also use their other features like logo maker and library of photographs etc.
- Quick and easy in setting up
- Drag and drop feature
- A generous free plan allows you to use their service before buying
- Not many third-party plugins available
A free to use service coming from Google you can use it to create simple blogs for everyone to read through. This service was launched rather early and so you can consider it as one of the starters in this field. It was launched in 1999 by Pyre Labs but was acquired by Google 4 years later and has been quite successful since then.
- Free service and backing of Google
- Easy to manage as no technical skills needed
- Secure platform and trustworthy
- Only basic blogging tools available
- No new updates or features are offered
A simplistic blogging platform Ghost offers you an opportunity to create blogs of all types. It was started in 2013 and you can install and host the software on your own. You do not need any external help to be able to do so.
- Only for blogging and writing
- Clean and intuitive interface
- No setup needed for its host version
- Cannot customize with apps
- Limited options because of a simple interface
While all the above-mentioned platforms have their own share of pros and cons WordPress.org has its own share of benefits. Mostly new bloggers are in awe of the variety of plugins and templates it is able to offer to its users.
Easy to use and comprehend interface makes it a smooth process to plan and start your blog. However, all blogging efforts take some time before they start yielding any kind of results and it is better to be aware of that too. You can go through each of the above and if you have a different set of requirements use any other platform.